“We cannot always control our thoughts, but we can control our words, and repetition impresses the subconscious, so we are then master of the situation.”
~ Florence Scovel Shinn
For this training exercise , you’re going to create your very own affirmation (or a whole series of them, if you like). Here are some basic guidelines for creating powerful daily affirmations that work:
- Start with the words “I am.” These are the two most powerful words in the English language.
- Use the present tense.
- State it in the positive. Affirm what you want, not what you don’t want.
- Keep it brief.
- Make it specific.
- Include an action word ending with “–ing”.
- Include at least one dynamic emotion or feeling word.
- Make affirmations for yourself, not others.
Here are some examples:
“I am joyfully driving my new red Porsche convertible down the Pacific Coast Highway in Malibu.”
“I am grateful that I am earning $150,000 a year.”
“I am so happy that I am celebrating having achieved my ideal weight of 140 pounds”
Write your affirmation creation in the comments section below, and remember to keep a copy for yourself to repeat often. Also, don’t forget to write your Joy Journal entry for the day!