What are Love Languages, and why are they important?
The 5 love languages are pretty straightforward:
- Words of Affirmation: Giving compliments and verbal recognition
- Acts of Service: Helping with a task or serving them in some way
- Receiving Gifts: Giving a physical gift as a symbol of your friendship
- Quality Time: Having a deep, connecting conversation
- Physical Touch: Giving a pat on the back or high five
Today’s exercise is to find out what your love language is. There are thousands of online quizzes to choose from. You’ll have fun discovering what kind of attention causes you to feel loved. This important info will help you figure out exactly how to get love when you need it most.
You should also find out the love languages of your friends and family. Why? Because It doesn’t make sense to speak your love language to someone who doesn’t speak that same language. How cool will it be when you know EXACTLY how to express love to a particular person, and bring them joy in a way that you know they’ll completely absorb and appreciate?
Also, don’t forget to write your Joy Journal entry for the day!